7-Eleven Corporate – Merchandising Business Systems Associate
The Merchandising Business Systems department is conveniently located at the three-way intersection of the Marketing, Merchandising, and Accounting departments. A majority of my job duties are cross-functional efforts to ensure the efficient execution of 7-Eleven’s retail and business initiatives.
- Process and verify over 300 Cost Support Agreements per month to secure funding for 7-Eleven promotional discounting sales plans
- Point of contact for issues relating to sales-based promotional funding for merchandisers, vendors, and franchisees
- Utilize 7-Eleven’s proprietary software to update POS systems in stores across the US and Canada to reflect promotional retail prices
- Generate and distribute UPCs for coupons, 7-11 App offers, and Private Brand products, as well as ensure proper scanning of barcodes
D Magazine – Brand Intern
May 2014 – August 2014
A majority of my time at D Magazine was devoted to establishing relations with the Dallas Area community.
- Drafted press releases, compiled contact/media lists, and distributed marketing materials to promote a consistent brand image.
- Utilized D Magazine’s social media analytics in order to pinpoint trends and improve social reach and response. By the end of July 2014, D Magazine saw a reach of over 1.5 million (compared to early June reach of 420k).
- Collaborated with the Brand manager to expand D Magazine’s Instagram presence. Together, we came up with #WorkspaceWednesdays and #ThrowbackThursdays posts. The Workspace Wednesday posts were aimed to connect followers with the “human side” of D while the throwback posts were to unite followers on nostalgic memories of Dallas.
- For company use, created and implemented an Internal Branding guide to keep everyone in the loop. Included was social media procedures, correct logo usage, and tone of the company copy.
And to end the summer, my team and I won the D Magazine “Dallas Visitors’ Guide” competition after presenting VsitD.com app and website design to D Magazine executives and staff!
Freelance Marketing Assistant
- Create slide decks and handouts for presentations
- Design banners and t-shirt designs for school-wide events
- Prepare and compile marketing materials for sales representatives
- Organize and maintain inventory levels for samples closet