Hey Everyone! I’m so excited to share this post with you all. I was lucky enough to be considered in the planning of this collaboration and I cannot wait to share with you some of the top picks I choose for this Spring Beauty for WOC collaboration. Don’t be afraid to try out some color this spring!
Here are the 4 colors I chose:
Let’s get started, shall we?
For my face, I kept all the makeup the same – toned down and subtle. This way you can get a better feel of how the lip colors actually look without trying to compete with dramatic eyes or contour.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Primer
- Smashbox Primer
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation – 330 Toffee Caramel
- Smashbox Primer Water
- ABH Contour Kit – Medium to Tan
- ABH Brow Wiz – Dark Brown
- Tarte Tease Palette
- Still Stay All Day Liner
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish – Dark Deep
- Smashbox Color Corrector Stick – Look Less Tired
- Mary Lou Manizer
- Betty Lou Manizer
- La Girl Concealer – Fawn and Espresso
- Laure Mercier Setting Powder
Now, on to the stars of the show, the lips!
Revlon Coralberry over NYX Cannes
Simple, understated lip color that is perfect for a fresh faced glow. The Revlon Coralberry color by itself is a tad patchy so I applied this over NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Cannes. I love the shine and the tint of Coralberry but to get an opaque application NYX Cannes was needed.
This is my favorite purple shade. I have a few purple lippies in my collection but none of them are this bright or pigmented. Thank you, MAC, for bringing back this limited edition baby because it is a STAPLE purple lipstick. Normally, I would pair this lip color with MAC Magenta, but this look is with no liner underneath.
Mac Lady Danger
Fiesta, fiery red-orange. When I first swatched this color I panicked. Turns out it doesn’t look too bad with my skin tone! I love this for summer because it adds an unusual pop of color when people are used to seeing reds or pinks normally.
Lime Crime Utopia with MAC Candy Yum Yum in the Center
Probably my favorite combination out of the bunch. It’s just too bright and sassy to not love! I wanted to give the lip a bit of dimension so I applied MAC Candy Yum Yum in the center for more pop!
I hope this post gives some inspiration to try some bright colors this spring! You can check out the other girl’s posts as well. They were a lovely bunch and have some great information as well.
Here are their Twitter handles and Links:
- Melanie – Mattes and Metallics – @mattesandmetallics
- D – D. Genell – @msdgenell
- Christina – Style to the T – @stylebytina923
- XayLi – The XayLi Show – @thexaylishow
- Pam – Unapologetically Pam – @pamunapologetic
- DeAndrea – A Sister’s Crown – @xoDeAndrea
Until next time, babes 😉